- This event has passed.
Planning with the 2020 ELD Standards Framework
April 13 @ 2:30 pm - 4:00 pm
One event on April 20, 2021 at 2:30 pm
This eWorkshop is designed for educators and leaders who are responsible
for language development within content learning and implementation of the English Language Development (ELD) Standards Framework. In each session, participants will receive additional resources for using the ELD Standards Framework in instructional planning. Teams are strongly encouraged to attend the webinars together.
This eWorkshop will assist educators in using the ELD Standards Framework to
identify and support language students will use to engage in content learning.
Participants will explore how the ELD Standards Framework can support
collaborative instructional planning.
This series will qualify for 3 hours toward the NDDPI EL Cafe Credit at https://continuinged.umary.edu/courses/cafe-credit-2021.
* Leverage student assets to integrate a language focus into content units.
* Identify and support language students will use throughout a series of unit activities.
FOUR BIG IDEAS:
EQUITY of Opportunity and Access
INTEGRATION of Content and Language
COLLABORATION among Stakeholders
FUNCTIONAL APPROACH to Language Development
* Attend two 90-minute live WIDA webinars
* Webinar #1 – April 13, 2:30pm
* Webinar #2 – April 20, 2:30pm
* WIDA Secure Portal account to access the materials, resources, and webinar platform available in the WIDA eLearning Center
* Estimated 3 hours to complete entire webinar series