Language Specialists: Engaging Multilingual Newcomers
June 8 @ 9:00 am - 11:00 am
One event on June 22, 2021 at 9:00 am
One event on June 29, 2021 at 9:00 am
Designed for language specialists working with multilingual learners who have recently arrived in the United States or are new to U.S. schools.
This eWorkshop explores how K-12 language specialists can engage a network of educators to support multilingual newcomers in their schools. Participants will learn how to:
* Respond to the social and emotional needs of newcomers.
* Implement instructional strategies to advance a shared vision of language development and content learning for newcomers.
* Build relationships and systems to support the integration of newcomers into a school community.
This series will qualify for 6 hours toward the NDDPI EL Cafe Credit at https://continuinged.umary.edu/courses/cafe-credit-2021.
* Attend three 2-hour live WIDA webinars
* Webinar #1 – June 8, 9:00am
* Webinar #2 – June 22, 9:00am
* Webinar #3 – June 29, 9:00am
* Engage in application tasks after each webinar
* A WIDA Secure Portal account to access the materials and webinar platform available in the WIDAeLearning Center
* Estimated total of 6 hours to complete entire webinar series and tasks