- This event has passed.
Computer Science Principles (High School)
June 6 - June 10
EduTech is planning to offer in-person CS Principles summer workshops and academic year supports during the 2022-2023 school year.
The program includes:
- An in-person five-day summer workshop, which will fully prepare educators to utilize Code.org curricula and teacher support systems.
- Two workshops (2 days each) during the school year (or eight virtual sessions) when teachers will reconvene for ongoing training and just-in-time support.
- Additional opportunities for online and face-to-face networking and collaboration with peers throughout the year.
Funding Opportunities: Computer Science Principles workshops are offered at no cost to qualifying teachers accepted into the program. Full scholarships are available for all North Dakota teachers for the 2022-2023 school year! That means you can attend this professional learning program at no cost to you or your school thanks to Code.org, TechSpark and EduTech.
The program includes (at no extra cost), teaching materials, workshop supplies, five in-person or virtual (if it is unsafe for in-person) summer workshop days and (2) two-day, in-person or eight virtual follow-up sessions during the academic year. Additional funds are secured for travel costs, lodging and meals.
A free, on-site lunch will be provided for all full-day, in-person sessions. Please note that attendance on all dates for the full time is mandatory. The professional learning hours may be used for license renewal per state laws and regulations and/or your district’s professional learning or salary advancement requirements per your contract. In addition, professional learning hours may be used for the North Dakota CS and Cyber Credential, Level 2.
Teachers who apply and are accepted to the program must commit to:
- Attending the five-day, in-person summer workshop
- Attending (2) two-day, in-person workshops (Saturday & Sunday) or possibly participating in a virtual cohort during the academic year
- Teaching the course during the 2022-23 school year.
Supporting the recruitment and enrollment of a diverse group of students in the course, representative of the school’s overall student population.